Does this make sense to you or anyone else who may eventually read this?
3 Responses to “Just Deserts vs. Just Desserts”
All the same, speech vs. I would look askance at the original or the playful use in anything but humorous writing. If I saw it in a document I was editing, I would replace it with something more exact. Than vs. Realise vs.
- Transforming Christian Theology: For Church And Society.
- To get your just deserts definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary.
- Just Deserts vs. Just Desserts.
- Trump gets his poetically just deserts: Jill Lawrence;
Alumna, alumnae, alumni, alumnus. Center vs. Practice vs. Learned vs. Its vs. Canceled vs.
Saturday Afternoon Just Desserts — Foothill Foodie Tours | Greenville's Best Food & Walking Tours
Gray vs. Affect vs.
- The Glencaple Murders.
- jQuery Mobile First Look;
- Everything interesting for everyone interesting….
Adviser vs. Fish vs.
Favorite vs. Comments Orlando Harrison says. November 2, at pm. Bella says.
Trump gets his poetically just deserts: Jill Lawrence
November 29, at am. Jake Frandsen says. January 30, at pm. July 21, at pm. August 14, at am. May 30, at pm. October 23, at pm. El Jefe says. September 29, at am.
My, My, My, you certainly are an ass and rather ill-informed one at that. Homer Simpson says. I haven't heard that wordplay in Spanish. But there is the expression 'Tomar de su propio chocolate' that means to give somebody a dose of their own medicine.
That expression suddenly came to me when I read your post and began thinking about desserts and getting what one deserves. Thanks for your interest. I was pretty sure the play didn't work in Spanish, but wanted to ask. Otra vez, mil gracias por sus respuestas! JoeK: Absolutamente.
- Is It “Just Deserts” Or “Just Desserts”??
- The Broken Window (Threshold Series).
- The Two Deserts.
- Subscribe to RSS!
- Are You Getting the Just Deserts You Deserve? | Live Write Thrive.
For clarification: "Just desserts" is incorrect. It's "just deserts. But since it's pronounced like desserts, the wordplay is still possible in English. There are hundreds of bakeries and sweet shops called "Just Desserts".
Last edited: Jan 6,